I am really excited to be able to offer both online and face to face consultancy (where travel restrictions allow) from August 2020. I will shortly be announcing 2 brand new online workshops to support back-to-school training for music staff who may be unable to access face to face training in the near future.
To ensure that the sessions are as useful and relevant as possible, I will work with you to bespoke the content to help to work towards outcomes that are most appropriate for your context.
Whose Music Education is it Anyway?
This 1 hour online consultancy will challenge music educators to reflect on their own values and experiences to refresh the aims of their music provision. You will be encouraged to share your own musical story with colleagues, consider which aspects of music education you consider most important for your learners and to assess the balance of approaches that exist within your current provision to ensure that your music curriculum and delivery is relevant, engaging and inclusive for all students.
Who is it for?
- Music departments and teams both primary and secondary, ideally delivered as part of a music department team meeting or INSET session
- Trainee music teachers looking to explore the values and motivations that can be used to support the development of a relevant, engaging and inclusive curriculum and approach to music teaching
If you are interested in discussing a session for your staff, please email email@example.com
An Introduction to Musical Futures
I would highly recommend Anna to all ITT Universities/Colleges. The PGCE trainees gained considerable insight and enjoyment from the session, learning tangible techniques for classroom delivery, particularly to Key Stage 3-4. Josh Emdon, Senior Lecturer (Practice) in Primary & Secondary Education: Music & Professional Studies, Middlesex University
Ideal for new staff joining a department that already uses Musical Futures, or for teachers who already have access to Musical Futures resources but haven’t been to a workshop, this 1.5h online consultancy will go deeper into the pedagogy that underpins Musical Futures and includes an overview of resources that you may already have access to in your department but aren’t sure how to use.
Who is it for?
- New staff joining a department that already uses Musical Futures
- Those who have access to Musical Futures resources, but aren’t sure how best to use them
- Those with an interest in the pedagogy that underpins Musical Futures
I am also able to offer online sessions for Trainee Teachers with an emphasis on the history and pedagogy of Musical Futures and Informal learning.
If you are interested in discussing a session for your staff or trainee teachers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org